Monday, July 1, 2013

A Letter to You, Whom I Love

I wish I knew how to tell you how beautiful you are in a way you would hear. You have the most incredible light hidden inside you that I am desperate to see freed, but you're afraid. Maybe you're afraid of rejection, or afraid of love. Maybe you're afraid of insincerity and fraud, that if just one bit of you got out and became real, became emulated, you'd lose a piece of your individuality. Maybe you're just scared to succeed.

I want you to know I'm right behind you. Don't listen to your fears, they cloud your light and hide it away. You could touch so many lives with your talent! You could set the world on fire in an instant if only you would speak to them. They're listening. Please start speaking. Please let the door to your heart fly open and express yourself unabashedly, thrash your individuality against the walls of your cage. You may believe that they built the cage you're in, but they put the lock on the inside and never told you. You have the power, only you can unlock it.

That's what gets me. That's what keeps me awake at night in tears, knowing that you're such a powerhouse of emotion and expression and I can't unlock the cage of fear you're locked in. I want to reach into your heart and let the joy explode out of it, I want to see the colors you have locked away in your mind splashed onto the canvas and the pieces of your heart reassembled and on display where everyone can see you, touch you and experience you.

I want this because I love you. I love you so much that it hurts to look on in helplessness, knowing that you could full well be the happiest person I know; if only you knew how. I've hugged you, I've held you, I've kissed you, I've stayed up long hours into the night getting to know you, and now I want to introduce you to yourself. We're really good friends, and I think you two would hit it off, if only you'd take the time to talk.

You're kind and generous, thoughtful and emotive. You're down to earth and human, yet you have the most fantastic imagination. You're shy and bold, quick and slow, careful and clumsy, irreverent and adorable and I can't get enough of you.

I just want you to know, if you could learn to get along with yourself, the world won't be able to get enough of you, either <3

No comments:

Post a Comment